What does social marketing mean?
- Product - Here, a product is a change in attitude or a change in behavior.
- Price - This is the cost of changing said behavior.
- Location - This is the target population that needs to be reached.
- Advocacy - In an effort to change human behavior, advertising strategies such as placing roadside banners to discourage drink-driving are often used.
- Policy - Any social marketing must have the intent to promote positive behavior change.
What is social media marketing?
- Create and increase brand awareness - social media is an effective and fast medium for making your brand known globally
- Increase traffic - When people see a product or service on social media, potential customers are likely to reach out to learn about the product and service on offer.
- Promotion of products and services – Businesses can easily promote their products and services, leading to more prospects.
- Build conversions – Social media marketing helps businesses move leads from the awareness stage to the conversion stage.
- Improve engagement and communication with audiences - Social media marketing provides a platform for interaction between brands and consumers
- Strategy - Before entering the field of social media marketing, businesses should define their strategy. This should be based on business goals and the social media channels that are appropriate for the business. For example, while one brand might be successful on Instagram, another brand will thrive on YouTube but fail on Instagram.
- Content - People are often attracted to a brand based on the content posted. Brands should also be consistent in this regard.
- Engagement – Potential customers will always find ways to engage with a brand by commenting on posts, sending direct messages, or even sharing posts. It's important to keep interacting with these people.
- Analytics - Businesses should use the information provided by social media platforms to measure the performance of a brand's social media marketing.
- Advertising – To reach a wider audience, brands should implement social advertising and tailor the target audience.
What are the disadvantages of social media marketing
Similarities Between Social Marketing and Social Media Marketing
- Both are designed to convey a message to the target audience
Difference Between Social Marketing and Social Media Marketing
- definition: Social marketing refers to the use of marketing principles and strategies to build awareness of social issues in order to change people's attitudes and behaviors for the betterment of society. Social media marketing, on the other hand, refers to the use of platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to reach potential consumers.
- Purpose: Social marketing aims to change people's attitudes and behaviors for the betterment of society, while social media marketing aims to increase brand awareness and increase conversions by reaching out to a wider market.
- method: Whereas social marketing focuses on understanding your target audience and then tailoring campaigns for them, social media marketing focuses on introducing new products to your audience.
- scope: Social marketing is very focused on a specific location, niche, or certain behavior. On the other hand, social media marketing focuses on the wider market.
- the measure of success: While the success of social marketing depends on the impact of a campaign on an individual, the success of social media marketing is based on analytics such as sales, clicks, and views.