- First of all, you don’t need to pay someone to build a WordPress website, which can save you a lot of money.
- You can put some up-to-date information on the WordPress website yourself, without the help of programmers.
- Fall behind in the competition. Competitors may also need to consult a technician, and you can do it yourself.
How to make a WordPress website with Bluehost: Tutorial for Beginners 2022
Choose WordPress as your website builder
- WordPress is an open-source system
- WordPress is free
- WordPress is the ultimate DIY solution for website building
- WordPress includes a wide variety of extra features
- WordPress is fast, secure, and easy to optimize
Choosing a Domain Name and Web Hosting for WordPress
- Branded - Pronounced uniquely, distinct from other domains on the market.
- easy to remember
- The domain name is short - this is also for easy remembering.
- Simple to spell and not easily confused — domain names need to allow users to type into the search box to search without thinking.
- Include the names of sub-industries, sub-fields, and sub-products - for example, if you want to create a domain name related to pets (pet), it is best to include the word pet in the domain name. In the non-pet world, the same approach works.
Buying a Domain Name and Web Hosting Package for WordPress
- Bluehost is a world-renowned web hosting provider that can run WordPress perfectly
- is Officially recommended for a few web hosting providers?
- Affordable (starting at $2.95 per month, or about $20 per month)
- Easy to use, very friendly interface for beginners and novices
- Get a domain name for free
- Visit Bluehost and choose a web hosting plan
- Register a domain name on Bluehost (the domain name is free)
- Inform Bluehost to install and configure a clean version of WordPress on the newly purchased web hosting plan.
- Step by step to create a WordPress website.
Let Bluehost install WordPress for you
WordPress User Interface
- Welcome message: This is one of the most important interfaces for WordPress webmasters, and there are many quick links in it.
- The current status of the website and the content of the website being run.
- Articles - Posts: Here you can create blog posts.
- Media-Media: Here you can upload photos and other media files and manage them.
- Pages - Pages: Here you can create secondary pages.
- Comments-Comments: Click here to modify comments.
- Appearance-Appearance: Here you can change the appearance design of the website.
- Plugins-Plugins: New plugins can be installed here.
- User-Users: Here you can manage the accounts of all website users.
- Settings-Settings: main settings.
Setting up WordPress Permalinks
Authorized search engine for WordPress website
WordPress website setting (website title and label)
Authorize or turn off the comment function of the WordPress website
Turn off the broadcast and reference notification function of WordPress site-building
Time zone settings for WordPress sites
WordPress website theme for website
Choose your favorite WordPress theme
- Users need to understand their own needs and decide which theme to choose according to their own financial resources.
- Be sure to understand the code quality inside the theme. If the code of a WordPress theme is messy, it can negatively affect the operation of the website. Because these poor-quality themes slow down the entire website and are prone to hacking. Therefore, when choosing a WordPress theme, be sure to choose those that are continuously updated.
- In addition, after installing the theme, you can download the Theme Check plugin to scan the WordPress theme and see the feedback of this plugin.
- Make sure the customer service and update the status of the website theme.
- Make a list of some of the features and functionality you need and choose the appropriate WordPress theme.
WordPress website installation WordPress theme
Custom WordPress Themes for WordPress Websites
- In the sidebar, click on "Homepage Settings"
- Select "A static page"
- Click "Add New" to create a web page as the website home page
- Enter the page name "Home" as the home page tag, then click "Add" to add it.
- Change background image
- change title
- Change the text below the title, or leave it blank.
- Change the text on the button. The text on the button usually leads to the product or some of the most important pages.
- The Feature section generally contains the creative intent and purpose of the website or some services provided.
- About (about) This part refers to some stories or introductions to the website.
- The Team section generally lists information about the website production team or business members.
- The Ribbon section can call some functions of the appearance.
- The Testimonials section is to show some testimonials from previous users.
- The Contact section generally contains contact information to keep in touch with customers.
- Choose the default layout of the WordPress site, for example, you can set the position of the sidebar, whether it is on the left or right of the main website.
- Whether blog posts are distributed in a tabular format, in a grid format, etc.
- Whether to set a background image for the entire website.
- Whether the buttons on the website should be shadowed.
WordPress website building uses plugins to expand website functions
- Yoast SEO — This is a plugin for online search engines.
- Google Analytics for WordPress — This is a plugin that integrates website and traffic analysis.
- Wordfence Security — This is a plugin that enhances your website's security.
- UpdraftPlus — This is a plugin that automatically backs up websites.
- Optimole — This is a plugin for optimizing images.
- WPForms — This is a form plugin that can be used as a contact form, and users can leave a message directly to you. This is much better than labeling the email directly on the website.
Install and enable the free version of the WordPress plugin for WordPress website building
Install and enable the paid version of the WordPress plugin for the WordPress website
WordPress site creation page
- Here you can enter the page title.
- This is the main part of the web page, that is, the main content of the web page. This interface is similar to that of a Word document. Some of the most basic text formattings are also included here (such as bold, left-right-center, adding hyperlinks, citations, etc.).
- Click this button to add pictures.
- Switch between Text (text) and Visual (visual) editors. Text editors are generally used to add some code (such as adding Google Adsense ads or affiliate marketing product links).
- Here is the release area, you can see the release button Publish.
- Discussion - This is mainly for webmasters to decide whether to comment on the page or article. The "trackbacks" and "pingbacks" below can be left blank.
- Featured images. Most WordPress themes will display this image as the main image on the page.
- About page - in English, you can directly enter about in the page title position. The About page is a relatively important page in a website and can show some information about the website and the company to visitors who browse the website. Generally, all websites will contain an about page.
- Contact page — This page can display contact information, and a plugin for a contact list can be installed, such as contact form 7. This way customers can contact you at any time.
- Privacy Page - This page is similar to a non-disclosure agreement and is also very important.
- Portfolio page - This page generally displays past works, pictures, and other content.
- Store Page — This is the store page. This page is generally used if you want to sell products online. If you want to create an online store, you will generally use the WooCommerce plugin (refer to the WooCommerce e-commerce independent website building tutorial).
Blogging for WordPress
WordPress website adjustment website navigation
WordPress menu settings
WordPress Widget Settings
Summarize: Bluehost website builder tutorial review 2022
FAQ: Bluehost website builder review 2022
How about Bluehost's self-service website?
- Simple operation, no need for professionals Therefore, this method of operation is very popular for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Save the cost of building a website and build a website quickly. Some companies will choose to let a website building company build a website. Using the BlueHost self-service website building system to build a website only requires a few hundred dollars enough.
- There are many templates and more choices. In the BlueHost self-service website building function, there are multiple different types of templates. Users can choose the corresponding template according to their own needs for the website.
- It is convenient to maintain the daily management of the website, website upgrades, and version updates, which only need to be managed on the self-service website building system, which successfully solves the complexities of traditional website management.