Best web hosting for beginners: top 10 companies reviews. Do you want to know which web hosting provider is best for beginners? For most people, Bluehost is the best virtual host.
"Top 10 web hosting companies for beginners" is the result of a survey on virtual hosts in the third quarter of 2021 based on the host suggestions and host facts of the famous network hosts and virtual hosting test feedback consulting team in December 2021.
Note: If you want to build a e-commerce independent store or an ordinary e-commerce online store, you can learn the tutorial on building an e-commerce website with WooCommerce, and you can also learn about The 8 Best WooCommerce Web Hosting Comparisons.
In addition, at the end of the article, I recommended the four best web hosting for beginners, namely Hostinger (see "How to Build a WordPress Website on Bluehost"), Chemicloud, Bluehost, and Cloudways Cloud Hosting.
In addition, we also wrote a tutorial on building a website on the GreenGeeks host – How to Build a WordPress Website on GreenGeeks and How to Build a WordPress Website on SiteGround.
The host court aims to help major virtual web host providers improve their service quality by testing the performance of major virtual network hosts, collecting the actual experience of terminal virtual host users, and giving the evaluation results of major virtual network hosts in real-time. From the supply side, the purpose of forcing major Internet server suppliers to innovate in technology.
Published in December 2021, this review covers 33 web hosting companies and has been subscribed to, tested, and evaluated. Content includes 14 shared web hosting providers, 8 WordPress hosting providers, and 11 VPS (Virtual Private Server) providers.
The best web hosting evaluation methods for beginners are as follows:
- Register on the popular shared web hosts;
- Create the simplest WordPress website;
- Monitor the running market and running speed in real time;
- Submit support requests online to test the quality of customer service;
- According to user experience, real-time data, and customer evaluation, the ranking of virtual hosts.
Best web hosting for beginners – top 10 companies reviews
If you are interested in all the assessment results, you can click here to view the related Excel file.
Next, enter our topic of today – the 10 best web hosting for beginners.
1. SiteGround – excellent customer service and speed
SiteGround is a web hosting provider established in 2004 in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. SiteGround currently hosts more than 2 million domain names in the world and is one of the three official web hosting sites recommended by WordPress.org.
According to last month's statistics, SiteGround has achieved 99.99% uptime and 673 milliseconds, which puts it among the top 10 web hosting hosts in the world.
SiteGround is best known for its customer support, and its use continues to rise. All SiteGround hosting packages include a website builder, email account, SSL certificate, Cloudflare CDN service, daily website backups, and SSH access, and all of these services are free.
Let's take a look at the main features of the SiteGround host:
SiteGround is a web hosting that I have mentioned in many articles before. If you want to build a website on SiteGround, please refer to the detailed tutorial "How to Build a WordPress Website on SiteGround".
Let's take a look at the main features of the SiteGround host:
The advantages are as follows:
- WordPress Officially Recommended Web Hosting Provider
- Free email and SSL certificate
- Host uptime is 99%, very stable
- Loading speed is 96 seconds
- Unlimited traffic
- Cloudflare CDN service (supports over 90 countries)
- The highest quality of customer service
Improvements can be made as follows:
- The basic plan does not include a free domain name
- The basic package price is a bit high
The web hosting provided by SiteGround is best known for the quality of customer service in the industry, the control panel in the background is very powerful, and it also includes some other powerful features. If you use WordPress and Joomla, two CMS tools to build your website, and you want to choose shared web hosting, then SiteGround is undoubtedly one of the best options.
SiteGround web hosting includes its own WordPress caching plugin, unique server architecture, and detailed help documentation. SiteGround is definitely an ideal choice for both novice and advanced users.
After years of testing by the hosting tribunal, they found that SiteGround's front-end speed is amazing. It takes 0.62 seconds to see the first byte and 0.96 seconds to see the full page. SiteGround is even faster and more stable than many VPS hosts.
In addition, as amazing as the speed is that it runs 99.99% of the time, which is too much stability. Personal account information is very secure, server data monitoring is quite complete, and data backups are performed every day.
Another very obvious advantage of SiteGround is its customer service team. The customer service staff are knowledgeable, quick to respond, very polite, and can handle a lot of things outside of their job responsibilities.
Additionally, SiteGround, a web hosting provider, offers managed WordPress dedicated hosting, WooCommerce web hosting, cloud hosting, business hosting, and dedicated server services. They no longer use in-house servers, and now they rent Google Cloud servers.
2. GreenGeeks – the best “green” host in ecology
GreenGeeks has been around for nearly 12 years, hosting over 500,000 websites.
This web host from GreenGeeks has 99.98% uptime, 445ms loading speed, and costs $2.95 per month, but the hosting service is very reliable. In addition, the functions in GreenGeeks are very rich, and the customer service support is running 24 days a week. GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly web host that still stands out in today's world's hyper-saturated server hours, which speaks to what makes it special.
If you want to use GreenGeeks to build a website, you can refer to the detailed tutorial "How to Build a WordPress Website on GreenGeeks".
GreenGeeks is also one of the best-performing web hosts for a variety of factors. Let's also take a look at this web hosting.
- SSD and unlimited bandwidth
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3 times the green energy, making the website more environmentally friendly
- The best security feature set
- Free SSL certificate, email, CDN service, CART
- Developer-friendly web hosting
What can be improved:
- Packages are purchased on a 3-year basis
- Higher follow-up costs – $95 per month
- Only 2 data centers in the US and Europe
All GreenGeeks plans include 1 year of a free domain name, cPanel, free wildcard SSL certificate, PowerCacher, unlimited SSD space, and wireless data transfer. Users also get unlimited domains, unlimited email, and nightly backups. GreenGeeks is very stable with 99.99% uptime and is fast. In addition, the quality of customer service is also very good, and it is worth using for small and medium-sized sites.
The hosting environment of this web host is amazing, the response speed of the server is about 0.26 seconds, and all web content can be viewed in 0.86 seconds.
As the business of GreenGeeks users continues to expand, users can also upgrade to more flexible VPS hosting services. And GreenGeeks can also provide website migration services for free. However, the monthly follow-up fee of 9.95 may scare away many webmasters.
In addition, the personal account privacy protection of GreenGeeks is very good. Although the price has increased after the package renewal, it is very popular with consumers because of its strong comprehensive performance.
3. Bluehost – virtual host with the best comprehensive index
Bluehost is a web hosting service that was established in 2007 and has since hosted over 3 million websites. It can be said that Bluehost is one of the most popular and low-cost web hosts.
The uptime and speed performance of Bluehost web hosting has been very eye-catching for the past month, with 99.99% and 405 milliseconds respectively.
The introductory price of Bluehost’s web hosting is $2.75 per month (the follow-up fee is $7.95), and it comes with a free domain name, website builder, and one-click installation of WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and other website builders on the buyer’s cPanel. Bluehost is the best choice for new website builders. Bluehost's basic plan includes 50GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth.
If you often pay attention to blogs about WordPress website building, you will find that many websites are promoting Bluehost as a host. Let's also take a look at the main features of Bluehost, a US host.
Moreover, Bluehost is especially suitable for building websites with WordPress, after all, it is one of the officially recommended web hosts by WordPress.org.
If you use Bluehost to build a website, please refer to my article on this blog.
- WordPress Officially Recommended Web Hosting
- 95% uptime
- Loading speed is 95 seconds
- The free domain name and SSL certificate, and the free Weebly website builder
- $150 worth of advertising services
- Free SSL certificate and domain name
What can be improved:
- Get a discount when you buy a 3-year plan
- The basic package only includes 1 domain name
Additionally, Bluehost offers a free email account and 24/7 online customer support, and all packages include a free SSL certificate. Bluehost is arguably the best entry-level web hosting, reliable and secure. In addition to traditional shared web hosting, Bluehost also offers dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, managed WordPress dedicated hosting, and WooCommerce web hosting.
All Bluehost plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and can be activated immediately.
This web-hosting giant is actually slowly returning to its former glory. Its infrastructure has been greatly upgraded, and the price is very affordable.
My personal Bluehost website has always been on TTFB in 0.38 seconds, and the page opening speed is generally 0.95 seconds. In addition, because Bluehost is an official web host recommended by WordPress, it also provides free domain name registration and SSL certificate, so it is a very good web host.
In addition, the quality of Bluehost's official customer service is also good, although not as top-notch as SiteGround, the response speed is also very fast.
4. HostGator – Regular runtime is the best
HostGator claims to be "simple but reliable" web hosting. Founded in 2002, HostGator is one of the most popular shared web hosting and cloud hosting providers out there. It hosts over 2 million websites and is a very popular web hosting.
HostGator, a virtual host, provides many flexible features. All packages include unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, and built-in caching. Plus, HostGator’s hosting service guarantees 100% uptime, a free SSL certificate, one-click WordPress installation, and a free domain name for one year (available when you sign up for 1-, 2-, and 3-year plans).
If you want to build a custom website, you can take advantage of the Gator website design tool. This is a drag-and-drop web design tool launched by HostGator, which is very easy to get started. And it is also very friendly to build e-commerce websites.
On the Youtube platform, there are many WordPress tutorials, many of which are demo sites made with HostGator, a web hosting. The characteristics of HostGator are basically the following.
- 100% guarantee the normal operation of the website, absolutely stable
- The relocation of the website is free, the SSL certificate is also free, and the website backup is also free
- Drag-and-drop web design tool
- Unlimited space and bandwidth
- 55% off a 1-year package
What can be improved:
- The renewal fee is a bit high – $10.95/per month
- The basic plan does not include a free SSL certificate
Let's take a look at the parameters of HostGator's virtual host - the host's running time is 100%, indicating that this host is absolutely stable; the loading speed is 1.21 seconds, which is OK, but slightly slower than the previous hosts. One point; customer support is calculated with 10 points, which is 8 points;
HostGator's cheapest plan is $2.74 per month (choose the 1-year subscription plan), with renewals at $10.95 per month. In addition to shared web hosting, HostGator also provides WordPress dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting, which can cater to businesses or companies of all sizes, large, medium, and small.
Additionally, HostGator offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
5. Cloudways – The Best Cloud Hosting
Cloudways, a web hosting provider founded in 2011, is a rising star in the cloud hosting space. It removes many of the annoying elements of managing web hosting while maintaining a high quality of service. Cloudways' management team helps all webmasters maintain their respective hosting sites.
Webmasters can choose Vultr, StackPath, AWS, Linode, GCP, Digital Ocean Google Cloud 7 cloud hosting, or VPS hosting providers on the Cloudways platform, and Cloudways manages these 6 virtual hosts efficiently.
In addition, PHP developers have deployed many feature-rich application development functions on Cloudways, which is very friendly to developers.
Let's take a look at the specific characteristics of Cloudways:
- Integrate Vultr, StackPath, AWS, Linode, GCP, Digital Ocean several VPS hosting, and Google Cloud hosting
- The regular running time has reached 99%, which is very stable
- Pricing starts at $10 per month
- 24/7 live chat customer support (average response time is 3 minutes)
- Customer Rated 3
- $30 off promotion
Cloudways' servers are widely distributed, covering London, Singapore, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Germany, Toronto, Canada, Montreal, France, Tokyo, Japan, Sydney, Australia, Seoul, South Korea, Mumbai, India, Bangalore, India, and Sao Paulo, Brazil. In addition, Cloudways covers multiple cities in the United States, such as San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and many others cities.
If you prefer to use cloud hosting, and you do not have technical expertise, Cloudways can help you solve technical problems. Their customer service is fast and professional, and they can help you install many web apps. It can be said that Cloudways is a unicorn in the field of managed cloud hosting today.
Finally, I recommend everyone to learn a tutorial on how to create an e-commerce website on Cloudways.
6. FastComet – Best Managed Web Hosting
FastComet is the best manageable dedicated web host recommended by website web hosts, and its customer service quality is very high. FastComet offers fast domain name transfers and easy installation of website builders such as WordPress and Joomla.
FastComet is without a doubt the leader in managed dedicated web hosting, fast, efficient, and has a good reputation. FastComet has a user review score of 9.6 on the web hosting suggestion site.
In addition, FastComet also ranks among the best in terms of regular running time and ultra-fast loading times. The stable speed and rich development tools make FastComet an ideal web host for building websites.
Let's take a look at the main features of this web hosting FastComet.
- High-security factor, there are many advanced tools used by developers
- SSL certificate and domain name relocation are all free
- Money-back guarantee within 45 days
What can be improved:
- Marketing content is wrong
- Proprietary CDNs sometimes don't work
FastComet has hundreds of data centers with a strong CDN network. Most importantly, it offers a relatively fixed price, and users are generally not surprised by the price. Moreover, the renewal fee in the later period is the same as that of the original purchase, and the fee will not increase with the increase of the usage period.
FastComet's virtual host has good stability, up to 99.99% running time; loading speed is 1.27 seconds; customer service is also very strong; the price starts at $2.95 per month.
FastComet shared hosting provides webmasters with a wealth of features, and technical personnel and advanced users should prefer to use this web hosting.
7. ChemiCloud – the most cost-effective web hosting
ChemiCloud is a rising star in 2019, and its overall performance is not bad at all compared with other virtual hosts. But the most important thing is that it is very affordable.
Based on the performance of the last year, ChemiCloud web hosting can be said to be among the best website hosting providers in the world today. ChemiCloud has its own servers in many places, so it can satisfy users in many parts of the world. Specifically, users can choose to host their own sites in San Francisco, New York, London, the UK, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Singapore, Bucharest, and more.
Moreover, ChemiCloud also offers a free domain name, a free SSL certificate, and great customer support. My own website once encountered the problem of v=XXX after the domain name. After asking the online customer service, the customer service responded to me at that time and gave me relevant technical guidance. It can be said that ChemiCloud has a first-class customer service attitude and superb technology.
Other hosts need to renew after a cycle is completed, and this follow-up fee is slightly more expensive, but of course, it is not much more expensive. If you are a little nervous and looking for the best cost-effective web hosting, I recommend you choose ChemiCloud.
This host also has branch rooms in other parts of the world, including one in Singapore.
Let's take a look at the results of the ChemiCloud evaluation of the third-party platform recommended by web hosting.
Among them, the stability of this server can be said to be the best, reaching 100%, which means that the continuous running time is very stable. In terms of price, the price of ChemiCloud is also very close to the people, with an index of 9.9 points (out of 10 points), and it is also very user-friendly, with an index of 9.9, and customer service support is out of 100 points. It scored 9.9 on other features.
As a result, ChemiCloud's overall score for this console is 9.9, the highest score of any console we've reviewed.
In addition, ChemiCloud also launched a 45-day money-back guarantee service.
8. DreamHost – monthly payment, low renewal fee
DreamHost is also an established web hosting provider, established in 1996. The company hosts 1.5 million websites, blogs, and other applications in more than 100 countries.
According to a 24-month observation of DreamHost by the Hostingfacts website, DreamHost has an average uptime of 99.94% and a speed of 648 milliseconds, which makes DreamHost a more reliable choice.
Compared with other virtual hosts, the biggest difference between DreamHost is that you can pay monthly instead of paying annually.
This means that users can build a website for $4.95. Of course, users can also choose a 3-year plan for $2.59 per month, and the renewal fee is $4.95 per month. DreamHost's basic package offers 1 free domain name, 1 website hosting, unlimited bandwidth, and 50GB of SSD storage space. Users can also use DreamHost's drag-and-drop web design tool, while the email service can cost $1.67 per month.
- Loading is fast at 648ms
- The runtime can be guaranteed, so the server is stable
- Can be paid monthly
- 97-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
What can be improved:
- The running time is lower than other virtual hosts in this article, which is 94%
- no cPanel
In addition, DreamHost provides powerful security protection functions (including LetsEncrypt SSL certificate), various domain name management tools, and unlimited data transfer every month.
The WordPress website builder is pre-installed on DreamHost, and the web design tools that come with it are very powerful and easy to use. In the web development world, DreamHost is well known for not having cPanel, but it does have its own control panel that functions just like cPanel or Plesk.
DreamHost is a host that can be used for 97 days without any risk as it is refundable within 97 days. So you have more than a few months to test the speed, control panel, website installer, and other technical aspects of this web host.
The host performs well, the quality of the shared hosting is very, very good, and the VPS is also very good. DreamHost is more focused on the use of technical personnel but also has related tutorials for newbies.
9. ScalaHosting – Best VPS Hosting
ScalaHosting was founded in 2007 and has hosted more than 700,000 websites so far. Scala is actually the abbreviation of the English word scalable, which means that it is very extensible and extensible. It is one of the best value VPS web hosting providers. With strong technical support and a perfect customer service team. This VPS hosting is very friendly to WordPress website builders. Compared with the common cPanel, it is more extensible and extensible, but the price is more affordable.
The speed and running time test results are as follows:
- The server response time was 29 seconds, and the web page loaded in 0.76 seconds, which is amazing
- ScalaHosting, a web hosting provider, has a near-perfect long-track run time, scoring a high 99% in the hosting court test.
Let's take a look at the specific parameters of ScalaHosting.
- 99% running time guarantee, very stable
- It's fast enough, loading in 76 seconds
- Free website migration, free SSL certificate, free website backup
- Security Shield Protection
- Unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth
- 55% off the 12-month plan, very affordable
- WordPress is optimized
What could be improved:
- The data center only has 2 regions in the United States and Europe
- A free SSL certificate is not included in the basic package
ScalaHosting's customer service is also relatively strong. Almost every inquiry can be answered immediately, and the online customer service staff has a very good attitude and is also very technical.
But these are some basic things. ScalaHosting has also added some other technologies, the solution to the problem is quite effective, and their service is worth a try.
Based in Dallas, Texas, USA, this web hosting provider offers a lot of other services, has arguably the highest level of security, and has a huge 4-tier data center. Moreover, ScalaHosting also offers other hosting packages of friendly quality, such as common shared hosting, VPS hosting, SSD cloud hosting and dedicated hosting services.
10. Hostinger – the cheapest web hosting
Hostinger, a Lithuania-based web hosting provider, has a registered user every 5 seconds. This virtual host covers 178 countries and 29 million users in the world, as well as many regions in the United States, Indonesia, Brazil, and other countries. The company started operations in 2004.
Hostingfacts found in the testing process of the top 10 web hosts that the average running speed of this web host is 99.95%, and the average loading speed is 350 milliseconds. It can be said that Hostinger is currently the most affordable web host we can find...
Next, let's take a look at the main features and advantages, and disadvantages of Hostinger, a virtual host.
- Very affordable ($99/mo for single website hosting; $2.89/mo for premium shared hosting; $3.99/mo for enterprise shared hosting )
- Free SSL Certificate
- Already optimized for the WordPress site builder
- This web-hosting data center is located in the US, EU, UK, and Asia
- Websites are protected with a real-time distributed denial-of-service model
- 30-day money-back guarantee
What can be improved:
- There is a fee for a single shared plan
- Daily website backups cost $99 per month and up
Hostinger (which also has a 24-hour hosting service) offers packages that are generally more affordable, but the performance and quality of the servers are not bad at all. Hosting not only has an advantage in price, but it also attracts many beginners and novices in the field of website building.
Hostinger, a web hosting provider, offers a variety of packages that include different features. But all packages include easy-to-use website-building tools, free SSL certificates, 99.0% uptime, and year-round/weekly/daily customer support.
Hostinger, a web hosting provider, has the lowest price package of only $0.99 per month (provided you choose a 48-month paid package), and subsequent package renewals are $2.15 per month. You can also think of unlimited bandwidth and database if you opt for the "Single Website Hosting" plan.
With the "single website hosting" plan, buyers get 10GB of hard drive space, 100GB of bandwidth, a MySQL database, and an email address. But we need to note that Hostinger's cheapest plan does not include a free domain name and has limited processing power and memory.
Additionally, Hostinger offers cloud services, WordPress site builder, VPS web hosting, and Windows VPS hosting. But all packages include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to find the best web hosting for beginners?
Before delving into how to evaluate each web host's criteria, there are some simple rules to follow.
- If you plan to build a WordPress blog with a lot of traffic, you might as well use WP Engine, a web hosting focused on WordPress. Although the price is high, it is definitely worth the money.
- Bluehost and SiteGround are the best options if your requirements for a web host are fast, long-lasting, and high-quality customer service.
- If you want to minimize your expenses and reduce costs, you can use Hostinger and HostGator these two web hosting. Both of these web hosting prices are relatively low. Other hosts lower than these two hosts, suggest that you should not consider it.
- If you want to use cloud hosting, we recommend Cloudways, after all, it integrates multiple VPS and cloud hosting providers such as Digital Ocean, Google Cloud Hosting, AWS, Linode, Vultr, etc.
So, how do we evaluate web hosting? Are there any important metrics? Next, let's take a look at the important indicators of the quality of a virtual host.
The usual running time of the website
If a website is built, but users can't access it, what's the point of making a website? First and foremost is the general uptime of the virtual host. This important metric means that the website is always available and never goes down.
It is never to be taken lightly on promises like "Trust Us" that some web hosting providers claim, but many web hosting providers basically guarantee 99.9% of regular uptime. However, the guarantee is guaranteed, and only in the event of an unexpected situation, I will be afraid that discounts can be enjoyed.
Website speed affects many website-related metrics, such as a website's optimized ranking (SEO). A lot of the business of your website will be affected by the speed of your website. If your WordPress website is getting slower and slower, you can refer to our WordPress website acceleration tutorial.
When the scale of the website becomes larger and larger, the requirements for the operation and loading speed of the website will also become higher and higher. If you plan to drive more traffic, you have to keep your large website fast.
In the process of website operation, the customer service quality of the virtual host where the website is located is a very important indicator. Viewing and reading user product reviews does not allow webmasters to come up with more precise answers.
There are differences in the user's evaluation of each virtual host. Take HostGator as an example. CNET and PCMag, a well-known technology website, both give it a 4.5 (out of 5), but only 1 star on Trustpilot, and only 4.5 stars on WhoisHostingThis – almost all negative reviews are all about the quality of their customer service.
Many virtual hosts also provide a service, which is a money-back guarantee.
Almost all virtual web hosts have a money-back guarantee service in their shared hosting packages, and users can build a website on it to see, but it takes time to build a website and purchase a domain name. Painful Guyi suggested that during the trial period, you must communicate with the customer service staff a lot.
You can use online instant communication or open a ticket for help, and make a phone call to see how the quality of their customer service is. After all, customer service support is a knowledge center that serves many users, and this is where the quality of web hosting customer service can really be detected.
The size of your website's traffic will have a great impact on the web host you're on. For a website that averages 300 visitors per month, almost any standard web hosting will suffice. Webmasters can use these virtual hosts as long as the customer service of their virtual hosts is of high quality.
When the traffic on the website is getting bigger and bigger, the small details in web hosting are all the more important. For example, whether the PHP version is updated frequently, how is the CDN configuration of the website, how is the website backup status (learn how to use UpdraftPlus to backup and restore the WordPress website), and whether the website can be restored within 15 minutes.
Does the website have an SSL certificate and can the server handle huge traffic spikes during the promotion?
If your website has more than 50,000 monthly visitors, it is strongly recommended that you purchase at least a standard shared hosting plan.
Pricing of web hosting
Many users don't want to spend more on web hosting, but they definitely can't spend less. Never choose a web hosting based on price alone.
Generally speaking, the most basic website hosting package is $10-20 per month. Of course, there are cheaper options too. However, when many virtual hosts are renewed, the later costs will rise, and there will be no promotional offers.
Generally speaking, if a webmaster chooses a virtual host, it will basically be used for several years, and generally will not replace other virtual hosts in the middle.
If the site migration is quick and easy, it can save webmasters weeks of time. In fact, the migration process of one of the simplest WordPress sites is very troublesome.
First, the webmaster has to install the WordPress website builder on the new web host, then go through the content database from the old site, and then import it to the new site.
Finally, the webmaster also needs to reconfigure the theme, plugins, and various settings on the new WordPress site.
Of course, some web hosts also include a one-click relocation feature.
What are the definitions of virtual web hosts?
- Shared Web Hosting – The so-called Shared Web Hosting means that your website shares the same server with other websites. The advantage of shared web hosting is that it is cheaper, and the disadvantage is that other websites may have an impact on your own website. If there is a surge in traffic to one website on a shared web hosting, it will affect other websites on that server before the server can throttle the traffic to that website.
- VPS – The whole point of VPS is virtual dedicated hosting, which is that multiple websites are on the same server, but these websites have dedicated space and are managed by software. There are many benefits to having a dedicated server, such as having your own IP address and less fluctuation in runtime but may not perform as well as your own server. You can refer to the best VPS virtual private server recommended by this blog.
- Cloud hosting – Cloud hosting is similar to VPS in that it has its own space on multiple servers and is not limited to a fixed server. Similar to VPS, it can flexibly deal with the high-traffic problems of other websites. If a site on the same server shuts down that server, the host you are using only needs to move the website to another server, which is why this type of server is called "cloud" hosting.
As far as a single website is concerned, its extensibility and scalability are also very strong. It is very easy to add resources to your website because the server where the website is located only needs to expand the total number of servers according to the actual needs of the webmaster.
- Dedicated Hosting – Dedicated hosting provides webmasters with a dedicated server on which no other website shares this server with you. The webmaster can also fully control and dominate the server.
So how should users choose their own website host? Here are a few rules for reference:
- Small sites should choose to be hosted on shared hosting. Other sites have little influence on your own. If your website has less than 50,000 monthly visitors, choosing shared hosting is the best option.
- If your website has more than 50,000 visitors per month, consider moving your website to cloud hosting and dedicated hosting. If your website has more than 50,000 visitors per month, it's well worth the extra money to spend on premium hosting.
Why ignore free web hosting?
Free hosting services are not worth using for everyone. Users shouldn't save money on web hosting. If you are concerned about the price of web hosting, you should weigh your revenue and traffic carefully before trying to reduce the cost of web hosting.
Free hosting is only suitable for some special cases. If you just want to do a single page of activities or a small-scale, low-traffic website, you can choose to use free hosting.
In this case, you can instead find some free website builder platforms, which generally provide customizable free domain names, such as Blogspot and Google Sites. Although these two are free website builders, they are easier to use than free web hosting.
In general, whether you choose shared hosting, VPS, or other types of web hosting, there are three main factors to consider when choosing:
- Stability, that is runtime.
- speed. Loading speed directly affects user experience and search engine rankings.
- Customer support. Many people will inevitably encounter some technical problems in the process of building a website. Therefore, providing some technical support is also an important indicator for judging a virtual host.
The top ten web hosting providers for beginners compiled in this article are mainly based on the conclusions of third-party professional virtual hosting evaluation agencies. The factors considered include stability, loading speed, running time, other functions, and customer service support. In general, the data in this paper are basically objective.
If I had to recommend myself, I would recommend the 4 best web hosting for beginners, Hostinger, Chemicloud, Bluehost, and Cloudways. These are my personal favorite hosts.